Big Bad Wolf Sale 2013

9:34 AM



Granddad promised me once that he'd take me out.

He granted his promise by taking me to the most anticipated event of the year, Big Bad Wolf Sale.

Went there on a gloomy Saturday as the horizon faded under the moonlight. We commited our prayers and took off to our destination.

I was talking about how I went there last year and how I can't wait to see what was in store. Alas, we got lost twice. We missed our turning to the exhibition centre so we ended up going to an unknown area, at least to me, named Balakong. We also missed the u-turn to Seri Kembangan. Thankfully there was another one, obviously, because how will the Balakong fellas go to Seri Kembangan if there's no road to there? Finally reached about one and a half hour later.

We, mainly I went all book-eyed crazy. Seeing books made me in awe. I do love reading, I fall in love with fictional characters too easily. I'd trade anything with good books any day. I love how books unravel us into an unknown setting where it might be a future or another dystopian generation or an enthralling revolution. But books always leave me breathless at the end of the day. 

I grabbed as many cool books with remarkable summary as I could. I thought I couldn't find books I'd want but alhamdulillah I found some books I've heard good reviews of. For once, I've gotten my hands on Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom. I also bought the legendary Stephen King's Carrie and two other psycho-thriller stories compiled in a hardcover at a rock bottom price. Scratch that, EVERYTHING was rock bottom. Also, I've gotten The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. The author taught at Oxford University before. I'm currently reading the book. It's no wonder how he could teach a bunch of intellectuals English Writing when he himself is a very very amazing writer. The book is out of this world. It's not everyday that you come up with an idea of a town where everyone is able to read each other's minds. 

Anyway, I also got myself some other great books. Bought the last book of Matched Trilogy, Reached, although I haven't read the first or second book. I heard it's one of those books to read if I love Divergent. Obviously, I love Divergent so why not give Matched trilogy a try? Will buy the first two books later. 

I was indeed having the time of my life. This is why I love my grandpa. He doesn't even get mad when we got lost or that we walked back all the way to the Bestseller section although we were already near the cashier. Best grandpa award goes to MY grandpa! By the way, wish him happy birthday as his birthday is a day after PMR results day.

A very good day to you. Listen to Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap.

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe