The Four Children

6:29 AM


"The Downworlders I take under my wing, they are my children. My family."
 
-Magnus Bane

I don't know why, but these words remind me of my three favourite children. 

I was alone for almost seven years since I was born. Until one day, I finished school on the 11th March 2005, my mom picked me up from school, which was pretty unusual because she would usually come home late at night after her arduous work in KL. Then she went in for a hug and said, we're going to the hospital to see the new addition to our bigger family! 

My aunt and I was quite close when we were younger. She would ask me opinions on what she should call the new baby. And I would always call the baby out and rub my aunt's belly and greet the tummy hello and good night. My aunt was insistent that she would call her baby Batrisya, until they found a more suited name, Nurin Damia.

When Mia came into my world, it was a roller coaster ride. It was like everything changed for me. I was no longer the favourite. I was no longer the girl my family would care about. I was always second to Mia. I guess it was a shock for a seven year old to accept a new person into her world. Mia and I would always fight, and I even threatened to run away from the house quite a number of times. Once, I even wrote a 100 things to do before I die list (posted on this blog) that I would prove to my grandma that I am better than her. HAHA.

And now she's all grown up, she's 12 and smart as ever. Heck, she's even taller than me. We've all had our moments, but I will always remember how she would always see me as someone to look up to. Even when I'm not. I am the worst version of what people deem as an idol. I am an ordinary person just trying to get my life together. Anyway, then there were just the both of us. Until 2013.

Then two cute babies are born. One in March and the latter in December. We're only four people. But we can rule the world and make each other happy with just our late night hide and seek games. Mia and her dedication to study and take time to play with us. Hazim and his 'pelat' accent and Hana and her 'mat salleh' shenanigans. I love it when all four of us are in the house and I can see their giggling faces as they play with each other.

I really can't imagine what will happen when I'm no longer here every twice a month to see them. Maybe I will, but the next thing you know, I might miss important events of their lives. I am not so sure. But since time is scarce, I take it to create the best moments that I can so that when I leave, I will have these memories carved in my heart. Because family is everything.


You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe