Dreams

8:25 AM

Source: Google

We've all had those dreams when we were younger, or probably dreams that your family has that was brought down to you?

We've all had those dreams. But as we grow older, often we would be reminded of those dreams and the thought of it, through a pessimist's eye, would just leave one to sneer.

I may look like the person who is confident, ever ready to inspire people with my lengthy captions. But sometimes I need to give myself a reality check as well. The people who don't know me have told me I couldn't do it. I am not worthy of something so big. There are other people with better chances of getting it more than me. I am sorry for being vague, but let me just clear it up for you.

I haven't been blogging for a long time, because I have been down in the dumps, for a very long time. I had to face some turbulences along the way, I could give you a list, but I'll only name two major ones. My application to Cambridge and my driving test.

Cambridge. Just that word cause my brain cells to activate and my heart beat faster. There were so many things being said about my application. But I went through. Before I hit send, I asked myself, "am I making the right choice?" "am I even worthy?" "Will I even make it?" I almost cancelled everything with the thought of I won't be qualified for an interview anyway. But my mom reminded me of all the past opportunities that I had in which I let go of. Then I wiped my tears away and hit send.

Little did I know two weeks later, I got an email from Cambridge inviting me for an interview. I was shocked as there was one major deterrent in my application, but the email happened and there I was preparing for the interview.

Overall, it was an interesting experience. I am truly grateful that Allah has given me a chance to be interviewed by one of the best universities in the world. I did the best that I could, I will leave the rest to Allah. He has given me so much and I often forget to count my blessings. With this post, in which I hope I will not delete, I will remind myself that this is indeed one of the biggest blessings that Allah has given me.

Also, I have finally passed my driving test, after doing it four times. I broke down so many times (like the car I drove huhuhu) but finally, I did it. Some may find the test a piece of cake, but driving is my weakness. I really hated it. But automatic cars, after passing the test for the terrifying and terrible manual car, are relatively easier to maneouver so I don't hate driving anymore.

I gave up once. But I had to man up and do it again. Try, try and try again. That's what I will do.

I failed so many times this year, I'll admit. But these challenges will not stop me, it only molded me to be stronger.

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe