Things I've learnt as a KTJ Jan Intake

8:12 AM

Today was the last day of school. Surprisingly enough, it didn't feel like it. Possibly because I'll occasionally meet some of my friends during study break and sometimes would also interrogate my teachers with exam questions and all.

I could say that it was alright, I guess, to be here for one and a half year. A lot of things have happened throughout and here I will write down my own opinion on what I've learnt throughout my journey as a KTJ student, mainly, a January intake.

1) You will be the new kid on the block. It will be hard for people to notice you.
I've never felt the new kid syndrome before and if you want to have that experience, then the Jan Intake life is for you. Even people in your form wouldn't know that you're actually in the batch. Unless you participate actively in OBS. Which I will talk about sooner.

2) Your life will be hectic af.
Its true. Imagine entering school and the next thing you know, you're gonna have your major exams in 5 more months! Yay. And if you screw up, you will have to retake. Some people may say that it's a second chance but as a Jan Intake, if you screw up, especially in your CIE papers, you will have to do SO MANY PAPERS IN ONE FINAL SITTING. The one difference between KTJ and some colleges in Malaysia is that you don't really have to take all papers in A2. So, why waste this opportunity? Go ALL out for AS. It will be worth it.

3) Your life will be more hectic if you put unnecessary pressure like joining extra ECAs.
Honestly, you do not have to try really hard to actually participate in ECAs at all. Maybe it will be good to add in your reference. But honestly, it depends on the person who writes your reference. It doesn't matter how many ECAs you have been doing, they will only pick important ones. May I suggest not to take part in BOD applications for clubs and all. Baik study. Joining ECAs and Sports are highly encouraged, but just try to reduce the unnecessary pressure. I wish I'd known this sooner.

4) Your Jan intake family is everything.
It's really hard to be in KTJ and to establish yourself because you are the small fish in a very very big pond. It doesn't make it better when there are already established and rather big fishes in the pond so it's hard to cope. But hey, at least you have people who know and experience the same thing as you do. Your other Jan Intake friends. They will be the ones who understand you and I'm fortunate that my friends are very understanding and at least I have them to rely on.

5) Don't be afraid to make friends with August intake students as well.
Sadly here, there will be a few people who would have already established their circle of friends, refusing to allow more people to enter their so called clan. But as I mentioned previously, it will only be a few. Most people here are very welcoming. Take this opportunity to mingle around especially during induction week and OBS.

6) Go all out for OBS
Guys, please, just go to OBS. Don't make petty excuses not to join this once in a lifetime opportunity. Unless you have legitimate medical reasons. THIS is the place where you can actually communicate with people ASIDE from your Jan intake friends. This will be the highlight of your sixth form. Most of your life would be filled with studying and ECAs (if you join 'em). But OBS is the best thing ever. You will look back when you grow older and remember these experiences like having to reluctantly pee in the ocean, eating rice mixed with sand, and whaling for hours and hours. To be honest, this was the only best part of my KTJ life. Apart from the little moments with my friends.


That's it really. I wrote this post as a dedication to anyone who will be a KTJ Jan intake. Not sure if KTJ will have Jan intake students anymore though, but I guess this could be implemented to other January intake boarders as well.

I've learnt quite a lot in KTJ. I found myself here, and I've accepted the fact that it is OKAY to be mediocre. It is okay not to be good at everything. It is okay to make mistakes.

More importantly, I became close to the people I wasn't so close to in my former school. I am grateful that Allah has reunite me with my TGB friends and giving me more time to spend with them. With familiar faces around me, I was able to convey my feelings better and I think we have gotten past our MRSM life and opened up our eyes to the world outside. Thank you friends, I couldn't have it any other way.

Thank you KTJ, for the experiences, the teachers and friends that you gave me. I will cherish it forever.






















You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe