30 Days

2:34 PM

It's been one month here.

A place where I initially didn't want to be in.

But here I am, in this library, studying with my flatmates, as they chat about the girl they want to talk to. I am recently elected to be in the Warwick ASEAN Conference, chosen as one of the actors in Malaysian Night (please do come for MNight, its on the 3rd of March 2018!) and honestly having the best time of my life.

When I was in Malaysia, all I thought about was, "Oh God, I have done everything! But why do I still end up in a place where I don't want to be?" But I remember that saying about Allah knowing better. And it is true. I feel like He is saying to me, "Yes, this is not what you want, but it is exactly where you belong."

I do belong here. The cost of living here is cheap, hence I am able to use the extra money to travel. I went to London last weekend and insyaAllah, will be traveling to Sheffield this upcoming weekend. This is the place where I can get free tennis and swim classes. This is the place where I have time to learn jazz. This is the place where I meet my people, who sing and dance to the songs I know. This is the place where I reunite with my old friend Hajar, she may not read this post and she may not think I'm super close to her but I really appreciate the fact that she's willing to help me out when I'm clueless in Maths. I met Muslims from all over the world as we laser-tagged each other in Coventry. I integrated with people from other ASEAN countries as we talked about ghost stories from our country. I met locals who introduce me to amazing musicals. I met friends who listen to Twenty One Pilots, a band I thought I'd never listen to again because it reminds me of the pain I left in Malaysia, but with her I created new memories and the pain slowly fades. I met amazing people who can drive me forward as I become more career-oriented. I met flatmates who are able to tolerate with my bad cooking skills.


That's one thing I learnt too. Cooking. My first few weeks, I was constantly cooking fried rice. Then I decided, no, I can't be cooking the same thing over and over again. So I learnt how to make chicken kurma and pasta. I can't wait to learn other new recipes.

I also took up new things such as Beginner Jazz class, Music Theatre, Tennis and other things that I didn't have the opportunity to take part when I'm in Malaysia.

And to my readers who have been reading my posts, you'd know that I was pretty, well, depressed. Now that I am here, I am just really happy. Genuinely. I am not looking back. Sure, I miss my mom badly. But it is just so beautiful here. I am exactly where I need to be.

Allah is Great. He is The Most Wonderful. He brought me to a place I needed to be, so that I could grow and develop to become a better person.

My mom used to tell me, "The world is your oyster." Well, here I am, making the best out of the opportunities here in Warwick.

I'm exactly where I need to be.

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe