The Other Side of the Story

7:27 AM

I guess it’s true, when you have feelings for someone, they can do no wrong. You paint a perfect picture of them, when truly you are only in love with the idea of them.

When that feeling dissipates, and you’re wide awake, you start seeing them for who they are. It makes you reflect back, was this really someone I used to like? You start seeing their flaws. Oh, they don’t pray five times a day. Oh, they are way too micromanaging, even when they are not managers. Oh, everyone has a tough time with them. Oh, they do not share the same sense of humour as you. 

Oh, they are really better off as a good friend.

One day, I hope I’ll fall in love with someone who reciprocates my feelings, and that the story is beautiful, with flaws we can overcome together. 

But for now, I have Allah with me, and He will meet me with the one when the time comes. His timing is the best, I’m sure of it.

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe