Dear You

3:31 PM

Congratulations. You have made it to the list of people I hate most. And guess what? 

You’re the only one in the list.

You hype me up on my presentation, you are nice to me, you cheer me up when I’m down, you listen but you don’t know how to affirm, but it’s okay, I tolerated that. 

I misinterpreted your signals. All these while, you were nice to me because you like my best friend. You were close to me because you wanted to approach her.

How could you not see the fact that I genuinely liked you? Why did you lead me on? You’re the most horrible person ever. 

Did you know how painful it is for me to hear you gush about how pretty she looks while I drove you home? I put my heart out of my sleeve, but you made me a liar by telling you I do not like anyone. How could I when I’ve just heard something heartbreaking from that one person I like? Did you know much strength it took for me to go to work after you asked me how best to approach my best friend? Did you know we cancelled our plans to meet this weekend, when we were both looking forward to it? It wasn’t even her fault, it was 100% you, and now you put me in such an awkward position with my best friend.

The worst part is, from now on, I will always see you as someone who cares about looks, not one who would stay back in the office so late to send you home. You don’t see the preparation it took for me to surprise you on your birthday. You don’t see my effort in listening to you and entertaining your nerdy talks and laughing at your lame jokes. You only see beauty on the surface. How apt is it that I am leaving the team as you poured your sinister heart out? God’s plans are brilliant.

It was a pleasure meeting you as a colleague. Professionally, I look up to your diligence and intelligence the most. Personally, you’re a massive dickhead.

Enjoy breaking my heart while you can, you have just messed with the wrong person.

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe