Nice Guys

9:58 PM

 Here’s the thing I learnt after 24 years of living,

I’m into nice guys.

You know, those guys who open the door for you, those who truly listen, those who find a way to cheer you up, those who care.

They have the greenest flag there is,

Unfortunately, 

They are the most sinister of them all.

They trick you into thinking they like you. They make you question all the signals they give you. When in reality, they are looking for something else.

They see you as nothing but a friend. Nothing but someone they can count on, to reach for the most beautiful girl in town.

They don’t see you wince in pain as they talk about how much they love the other person as you silently scream, “why not me? I’m the one listening to you!”

Thanks to the nice guys, you start lying, even though being a liar was never your second nature. Lie about the fact that you liked them first.

I am eternally grateful Allah revealed to me on who they truly are. And perhaps this is just yet another minor snag I have to go through as I continue to find “the one.”

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe