Realities of Working in a Male-Dominated Industry

8:12 PM

 Dear Aynn,

This is for you, so that when you look back, you get to see how far you've come.

I've been in this industry for about a year now. As you know, when you're an outsider, you get to hear spooky stories about how daunting this job is given its cut-throat culture, and the fact that it is a boys club. But I was desperate to get out, so I took my chance, and this was the only vacancy available. Turns out, I am able to thrive in it. And I thought,  all is well. Everyone is nice. 

But you start seeing things soon enough. You start getting remarks, you start hearing gossip, and the worst part is, the people who trust you ends up using you. But I guess that's the realities of life. It's the people you least expect that'll turn their backs on you. 

You will be headed to a detour now, and that's okay. Allah is so brilliant that He showed you early on who these people truly are. But will you let that define you?

I think the heck not.  

So go for this well-needed detour.

And come back stronger. 

Don't let them use you ever again.

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe