Face Value

12:10 AM

I think I understand why I have been restless for the past month
The insomnia and the lack of focus
Yes I admit, my heart was tugged
But it’s not just that

It’s the fact that
I already know
It’ll end in disappointment 
I will end up being stranded once again
And I will have to mend this oh-so fragile heart once again

This intensity
Has got to stop
I now have to take things
At face value

He opens up the door
He’s just being a decent human being
He drives me home
It’s upon my request
He waits for me with his dashing looks 
Because I was the one who passed him cookies
He bears his heart out to me
Because he has no one else, but me
The one friend he trusts

Why would I ruin that for him?

Therefore,
I shall take it as face value
Basic decency from men
Is not a privilege
It’s a right
Never put them on a pedestal
You’ll only make them feel uncomfortable 
Otherwise you lose
The only company
Who was there for you
Through your ups and downs 

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe