The only sin

12:27 PM

You did me wrong.

But you don’t owe me an apology.
I misspoke,
You are probably left confused.

Because truth is,
You didn’t do anything wrong.
The only wrong thing you did,

Was to not love me back.

So I guess,
That’s the end of our story
The one I crafted so meticulously in my head
I shall stop painting the portrait of us
We’ll be right where we started
As friends who stuck by one another through thick and thin

I shall let you go
And continue to find a soulmate
That doesn’t feel so soul crushing

Time is running short anyways,
You’ll be off to your new future

God is truly on my side
When I said, 
If he is not the one,
Then show me

And He shows me,
Rather immediately.

So goodbye for now,
I’ll taper off
From putting you on a pedestal
Off you go
To the concrete jungle
Where your dreams are made of

While I continue to chase my dreams
In my homeland 
Right where I need to be

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe