of anonymity and starting fresh

12:11 AM

Exactly a year ago, I was in Jean's room. She drew a picture of me in between the hills. It was a homework. 

"Have you decided what's at the top of the hill?"

"Yes, a Master's program. Going abroad as a faceless person, and restarting a new life."

I only ever had to blink, and now I am at a cafe, enjoying probably the crunchiest scone I've had in my life. I eventually did go abroad, and I left everyone behind. So hurray to a different Q.

There's something beautiful about rebranding yourself. A blank canvas, and I am the painter that can paint whatever she wants. The best part is, I come here with a different sense of maturity, with plenty of experience, good and bad ones. So my judgment of character is better, and I can make better decisions. I am back to being my bubbly self, one I have always wanted to return to, after relentlessly building a wall for years, hoping no one will shatter it ever again. I may also be a villain, but if it means keeping people around me safe, I'd do it again and again.

Exactly a year ago, I wake up with a physical heart pain. Thinking "oh crap, this actually happened to me.", and now, I look forward to living. 

I am a faceless person thanks to the sad but fiery girl who needed to escape last year. It didn't take me very long to paint an identity, and I'd say it's a desirable one. I am more secure and tactful with life, and I look forward to refine and craft this person again and again so long as she's happy.

Thank you dear self, for always doing what's best for me. 

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe