Let it Brew

12:15 AM

A wise friend once told me,
Sometimes we can't plan it all,
Oftentimes, we just need to let it brew.

This was reaffirmed by my therapist,
who told me that I can try and plan as much as I want,
But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
Sometimes things have to flow naturally

But that doesn't mean I avoid it completely,
I can still try,
Like the mirrorball that I am,
But have no expectations,
And remind myself constantly
that these are fleeting memories,

and this might just be another ship passing through the night,
you will cross a sampan, a speedboat,
you have yet to find the ship
that leads you to your final destination.

But it's ok to keep swimming. 
to stop when you see a ship,
and realise that maybe,
you are only meant to pass them,
as you swim away,
perhaps feeling a little forlorn,
your tears becoming part of the sea,
soon enough,
you'll find the one that takes you,
to the final destination.

So let it brew,
Get to know the ship,
Gather the lessons the minutes the ship passes by
and swim to the next one

because you know as you swim
as the tide washes over you,
Allah will be there to shield you,
and lead you to the destination,
at His timing.

You Might Also Like

0 chit-chat(s)

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe